STATE CAPITOL, PHOENIX – The League of Arizona Cities and Towns recognized nine Arizona House Democrats as legislative heroes for their work to support cities and towns during the most recent legislative session.
“City leaders are grateful when legislators vote to uphold the principles of local decision-making by locally elected officials. These ‘legislative heroes’ have demonstrated their support for local control through their voting records, and have earned our appreciation,” Executive Director Ken Strobeck said.
This session’s House Democratic League of Arizona Cities and Towns Legislative Heroes are:
• Chad Campbell, D- Phoenix (District 14)
• Tom Chabin, D- Flagstaff (District 20)
• Steve Farley, D-Tucson (District 28)
• Ruben Gallego, D-Phoenix (District 16)
• Katie Hobbs, D-Phoenix (District 15)
• Debbie McCune Davis, D-Phoenix (District 14)
• Eric Meyer, D-Paradise Valley (District 11)
• Lynne Pancrazi, D-Yuma (District 24)
• Anna Tovar, D-Tolleson (District 13)
“We see Arizona cities and towns as partners in governing Arizona, and for that reason, it is a genuine honor to be recognized by the League,” Chabin said. “So much happens during the course of a legislative session, sometimes you wonder if anybody notices your record, which is an indication of your priorities. When you receive an award like this, it is a humbling reminder of why public service is so worthwhile.”
The League will present the legislators with these awards on Aug. 30 at their annual conference, a four-day meeting with more than 900 mayors, council members and officials from across the state. For more information about the League of Arizona Cities and Towns visit www. azleague.org.