Thursday, November 01, 2012
By Arizona House Democrats at 12:12 PM
Enrollment for KidsCare II open for limited time
STATE CAPITOL, PHOENIX – Enrollment in KidsCare II, Arizona’s temporary Children’s Health Insurance Program, is now open until Dec. 31, 2012. Rep. Martin Quezada, D-Avondale (District 13), is working to keep Arizona parents informed about the program and eligibility requirements.
“Enrollment for KidsCare II is open again,” Quezada said. “Parents have until the end of the year to apply for this low-cost, comprehensive health insurance program. The monthly premiums for coverage range between $10 and $60, making quality health care affordable for many working parents. Parents should apply as soon as possible, as enrollment is limited.”
To be eligible for KidsCare II, a child must be:
- Be an Arizona resident
- Be 18 years old or younger
- Be a citizen of the United States or a qualified immigrant
- Have a Social Security number or apply for one
- Be under the income limit
- Not currently be covered by other health insurance
- Not be qualified for coverage through a state agency employee
- Not be eligible to receive Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (Medicaid) coverage
- Be a member of a household that is willing to pay a premium
For more information about the program, including income limits and premiums or to apply, call 1-800-377-3536 or go to http://www.azahcccs.gov/applicants/KidsCareII.aspx.