Republican Legislation perfect for late-night television jokes
The Arizona House Republicans have been very busy pushing an agenda that is perfect for late-night television jokes.
So far, they’ve spent a lot of time working on legislation that does not reflect the priorities of Arizonans. Here is a quick list of some of their most ridiculous bills that have taken focus away from funding schools and creating jobs:
- HB 2173 makes gold and silver legal tender
- HB 2179 would prohibit service animals in restaurants
- HB 2358 creates tax breaks for crop dusters
- HB 2215 regulates chiropractic care for pets
- HB 2014 puts Arizona on daylight saving time
- SB 1460 amended to make silencers, sawed-off shotguns and nunchucks legal.
Is that a coincidence?
We don’t think so. Any real economic recovery plan will invest in education. It’s the only way Arizona kids will have the tools needed for higher education and for the 21st century jobs.
That is a point that seems to be lost on Republicans. It’s clear - they’re just not ready for prime time.
Click here to learn how to make sure your voice is heard at the Capitol.