The Arizona House Democratic Caucus seeks a talented, skilled and hardworking team player to serve as Deputy Communications Director and Constituent Outreach Liaison.
The Deputy Communications Director and Constituent Outreach Liaison provides deliverables and strategic guidance to elected officials, Chief of Staff and Communications Director regarding internal and external messaging and media to promote the work of the Arizona House Democrats, and is responsible for organizing and overseeing community and constituent outreach events. Applicants must have strong writing and social media skills, with multi-media capabilities (video, photography and graphic design) a definite plus, as well as ability to plan and staff events. The ideal candidate will be proactive and work well in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, identifying media opportunities, and helping grow the Caucus’ media footprint.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work with Communication Director to develop and implement weekly and long-term strategic communications plans, strategic messaging around specific legislation, and our digital strategy.
· Act as media liaison between members of the Caucus and members of the press.
· Monitor legislative committees for messaging and earned media opportunities.
· Monitor national and local media coverage of legislation and politics.
· Constant management and growth of social media platforms and website.
· Conceptualize and produce high-quality deliverables exhibiting a strong visual style, graphic design, and video editing.
· Search out and embrace new technology and best practices to promote innovative and engaging Caucus communications.
· Develop and maintain working relationships with press and constituents. Respond to media inquiries.
· Draft accurate and compelling press releases and media alerts, then pitch to media.
· Draft and pitch op-eds on behalf of members.
· Brief members of the public on legislative process and impact of potential legislation.
· Organize and coordinate press conferences and media events, community/stakeholder meetings, and townhalls.
· Draft accurate and compelling talking points on key issues and legislation.
· Manage and oversee our digital channels and social media accounts.
· Track social media and traditional media analytics and generate analysis.
· Minimum of 3 or more years of communications experience.
· 1-3 years of experience working with high-profile public officials.
· Knowledge of Arizona and local political landscape.
· Understanding of digital media channels.
· Spanish speaking.
Salary range is $35,000-$47,000 based on experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision & retirement.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to Chief of Staff Cynthia Aragon, email@example.com by Friday, September 28, 2018. Please include “Deputy Communications Director & Outreach Liaison Candidate, YOUR NAME” in the subject line. For questions please call 602-926-5848.